Recipe: Live Spicy Green Soup
Vegetarian, Vegan, Raw, Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Nut-free YIELDS: 1 serving; for 2 servings, double avocado, cucumber and zucchiniA daily dose of a green drink or soup is one of nature’s best health tonics.
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 medium cucumber peeled and seeded
- 1/4 medium zucchini
- 1/4 jalapeño pepper for spicy
- 1/2 navel orange peeled and seeded
- 4 large or 6 medium pieces of kale, deveined
- 1 cup water (for a sweeter taste, use coconut water)
- 1 Tbsp each of chopped cucumber, avocado and tomato, for garnish
- Dash of cayenne (optional)
Combine ingredients in a blender, and blend at medium to high speed until green and smoothly pureed. Serve in a bowl or glass and top with cucumber, tomato and avocado garnish.
Submitted by Kathleen Downey, Core Level Healing. For more information, call 858-401-3144 or email [email protected], March 2013