Advertise your healthy, sustainable, conscious or socially responsible business or organization in Natural Awakenings.
Natural Awakenings is a free, monthly magazine focused on healthy living, offering a breadth of creative marketing expertise spanning more than 25 years that can be used to reach your specific advertising goals. We seamlessly integrate national and local content, creating synergy and resources unmatched by other health and wellness publications.
Multiple advertising opportunities allow you to build and maintain your brand’s presence within your target market of health-conscious individuals. Through cutting-edge, inspiring print content and a dynamic, community website, Natural Awakenings helps you get connected and stay effective.
Your monthly print ad in Natural Awakenings works for you much longer than daily or weekly publications--and readers keep and refer back to their issues, long after the month has passed. Online advertising is also very attractive, with great rates and opportunities to promote your business. Maximize your visibility and take advantage of unique opportunities to promote your business with Natural Awakenings.
Our “Tradigital” Marketing Campaigns: Much More than A Print Ad
Our multi-channel, integrated marketing campaigns combine targeted public relations and carefully crafted print advertisements in our printed publication, with web, email and social media marketing for integrated, affordable programs that boost brand recognition and build word of mouth referrals.
We specialize in strategic, “tradigital” campaigns, where we utilize the most effective tools of “traditional” and “digital” marketing for small businesses.
Our 12-month comprehensive programs make it easy and affordable for our clients to meaningfully connect with educated, affluent women between the ages of 30 and 65 who are making purchase decisions for their families in Bucks and Montgomery County, PA.
Every 12-month campaign includes:
- Full color print advertisements in our print and web magazines
- Original, professionally written public relations in the form of articles, interviews and news stories designed to educate and inspire
- Custom creative ad design and copywriting
- Directory listings in our popular Community Resource Guide
- Event listings in our Daily and Ongoing Calendars
- Comprehensive campaign strategy planning and ongoing consultation from professional marketers, designers and journalists.
Everything we do in print, we also do online, so we can appeal to our readers and potential new clients at every turn, and every click. Our online digital magazines and unique “hotlinks” of every article helps to boost social media engagement, increases web traffic, email inquiries and search engine rankings. Additional online presence can be garnered by purchasing one of our Social Media Boosts.
What Our Advertisers Are Saying…
“I’ve been working with Natural Awakenings for over 3 years now as the back page advertiser and it’s been one of the best decisions I ever made.
As a business owner, I could not be happier with the results; we get multiple new inquiries each month.
As a dental health care provider with a more holistic approach, Natural Awakenings allows me to reach like-minded patients seeking exceptional care. I highly recommend Karen and the team at Natural Awakenings! Their attention to detail, and willingness to help me convey my purpose in an eloquent and “Zen” way is the perfect partnership.”
– Dr. Beth Skovron, Heritage Dental, October 2016
As one of the largest national publications serving the natural living community, Natural Awakenings reaches millions of readers each month who are interested in leading a healthy and sustainable life. No other locally focused publication can claim the brand recognition we have across North America.
Natural Awakenings distributors and staff often hear from local area businesses that our magazines are more popular than our competitors when placed side-by-side. What’s more, Natural Awakenings readers often refer to each issue of the magazine again and again, providing repeat exposure for your business.
A $1.5 trillion marketplace exists for goods and services that focuses on health, the environment, social justice, personal development and sustainable living. The consumer participating in this lifestyle is the typical Natural Awakenings reader… representing one in four adult Americans or 41 million people!
- 66% have been reading Natural Awakenings for more than two years
- 21% purchase from our advertisers between one and three times per month
- 34.2% share their monthly copy of our magazine with two or more additional readers
- 84.7% are female
- 47.7% are between 35 and 54 years of age
- 60% have one or more college degrees
- 88.1% purchase healthy or organic food
- 47.1% attend spiritual or healing events
- 47.4% attend exercise or fitness events
Lifestyles of Health and Sustainability (LOHAS) is a market segment focused on health and fitness, the environment, personal development, sustainable living, and social justice.
Estimates are that LOHAS is a $200 billion dollar industry, and 27% of American consumers are affiliated with the LOHAS psychographic.
5 main market categories define the LOHAS set:
- HEALTHY LIVING: This is the most common entry point to the LOHAS market. It encompasses organic foods, natural products, nutritional supplements, and a wide variety of health and fitness pursuits.
- ALTERNATIVE HEALTHCARE: LOHAS consumers actively seek out information and services related to integrative healthcare and holistic disease prevention, including practices such as acupuncture, chiropractic and homeopathy.
- PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT: Perceiving the connection between physical and mental health, LOHAS types take a strong interest in personal development and growth, including investigations of mind-body-emotion-spirit connections, self-help, leadership and life-balance topics. They are likely to take yoga, meditation and tai chi classes, as well as purchase books, videos and CDs on related subjects. They like to seek out new experiences and learning.
- ECOLOGICAL LIFESTYLES: Because they see their own health and the planet’s health as inherently tied, LOHAS consumers tend to embrace recycling, green building, ecotourism and all sorts of eco-friendly home and office products. They are better informed than average about ecological topics.
- SUSTAINABLE ECONOMY: From renewable energy sources and socially responsible investing to fair-trade principles and “triple bottom line” accounting (which considers social and environmental performance, as well as fiscal profits), LOHAS consumers like to promote fair, ethical and sustainable business practices. They prefer doing business with companies that promote a holistic worldview and that share their values.
Contact Us to learn more about advertising!