Double Chocolate No Bake Brownie
Jul 11, 2013 08:00AM
Vegan, Raw, Gluten-free, Dairy-free YIELDS: 4 servingsAltered from Recipe by Living Nutrition
- 1 cup whole walnuts
- 1 tsp espresso (can use water)
- 1 cup raw cacao (or really dark cocoa, non alkalized)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 8-12 fresh medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tsp to 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey (optional and to taste)
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Orange zest (optional)
- 1/2 cup flaxseed meal (optional)
Process walnuts in your food processor until finely ground. Add pitted dates, raw cacao (or cocoa powder) and sea salt. Process until incorporated. Add espresso and rest of ingredients. After the mixture looks crumbly, use a teaspoon to scoop out one spoonful of ‘dough’, press the ‘dough’ and roll into small balls. Keep them in a glass jar and keep refrigerated for up to 2 weeks (if they last that long!).
Recipe submitted by Joanna Chodorowska, Nutrition in Motion. 215-272-6774. [email protected], July 2013.