The Real Argan Oil
Jul 24, 2014 09:10AM
by Audrey ChenIn December 2012, Mahdi Bourhim’s mother, Rkia, traveled from Morocco to visit the Philadelphia area. Bourhim took his mother to a high end cosmetics store that carries a well-known line of argan oil cosmetics. With a lifetime of experience picking and grinding argan nuts to extract their oil, his mother was unimpressed with the products found here in the U.S. She found that not only were they not fresh, but they had been mixed with other substances. With the assistance of his mother and aunts in Morocco, Bourhim has been able to produce pure, authentic argan oil and import it here to Bath, Pennsylvania.
The resulting product, Sheer Argan, is 100 percent pure, organic argan oil sourced from and produced in Morocco. It is cold-pressed, free from fragrances, preservatives, additives and other ingredients. It feels light on the skin, has a slightly nutty scent, is clear in color and does not leave a greasy residue. Studies have shown that argan oil has extremely high levels of Vitamin E and fatty acids, making it effective in healing many skin ailments as well as protecting against premature aging caused by oxidation.
There are many ways to add argan oil to any daily routine.
- Sheer Argan will tame frizz and seal split ends, leaving hair sleek and manageable. Only a small amount is necessary.
- It helps with the damaging effects from the sun, wind, humidity and chlorine. Argan oil can be applied while the hair is still wet, or on the scalp to hydrate and moisturize.
- Apply the oil as an intense, overnight hair treatment and wrap hair before bed. Wash the next morning for soft locks.
- Apply a few drops to skin and massage gently to help heal and protect the skin from everyday environmental stress.
- Use it as an everyday moisturizer, as it absorbs quickly and is not greasy. It will help condition the skin on the face, neck, hands and body, restoring its natural moisture.
- Add a few drops of the oil to facial toner to hydrate and tone simultaneously.
----- Argan-Enhanced Natural Face Mask1 Tbsp finely ground oatmeal 3 tsp organic yogurt 1 Tbsp raw honey 3 drops argan oil
Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Apply on a clean, dry face and leave on for 10 minutes. Rinse with warm water. Follow with a favorite moisturizer or a few drops of pure argan oil.
For more information or to purchase Sheer Argan, visit SheerArgan.com. For a 15 percent discount just for Natural Awakenings readers, apply the discount code “NATURAL” at checkout. July 2014.