Healthy Skin Care for Beginners
Jun 23, 2014 09:17AM
by Renee LeMasneyProper care of the skin—the largest organ in the body—is vital to overall health. One of the fastest growing trends in skin care at the moment is the expansion of personal care products formulated specifically for men. Those looking to up their skin care game—both men and women—should begin with these simple tips for healthy, younger looking skin.
- Look for natural products that do not contain chemicals, additives, sulfates, fragrances or parabens to avoid breakouts, rashes and irritation.
- Wash the face and body every day. Try using a product such as black soap.
- Moisturize. When looking for a face moisturizer, make sure it is made of natural ingredients. For knees and elbows, use a body butter.
- Exfoliate and rejuvenate every day. Reveal smoother, softer skin by using a natural, gentle scrub on the face and body.
- Drink plenty of water every day. Drinking at least six to eight glasses of water a day helps rid the body of toxins to avoid dull and dehydrated skin.
- Get adequate sleep. Try to clock at least eight hours of sleep each night.
- Eat well—and right. Fresh fruits and vegetables and protein-rich foods are most beneficial to the skin.
- Exercise regularly. Cardiovascular and other aerobic activities help stimulate and maintain regular blood flow throughout the body, making the skin glow.
- Keep stress to a minimum. Stress can make the skin dry, causing it to look old and haggard.
- Avoid sun’s harmful rays. Wear a sunscreen whenever skin is exposed to the sun.